Ways to Give
We all experience the power of craft.
From your favorite ceramic mug, to your grandmother’s handmade quilt you pull out on chilly nights; from the hand carved eaves on a classic Portland home to an antique ring – craft and design are a part of everyday life. These objects – old and new, special and everyday – add color, history, memories and richness to our lives.
The Museum of Contemporary Craft has been Portland’s home for the exploration, study and celebration of contemporary craft since 1937. Internationally acclaimed for excellence in exhibitions and public programming, the Museum of Contemporary Craft is a vibrant center for investigation and dialogue, expanding the definition and exploration of craft. Through exhibitions and a rich array of lectures and events open to the public, we enliven the museum experience for all.
In 2007, when we opened the doors to our dynamic new museum space in the Pearl District, Portland’s most active arts neighborhood, we reached more than 75,000 visitors, building critical mass to the city’s urban core.
Please Join Us.
Your suppport will:
- Broaden outreach for all to experience the visual arts – strengthening our community’s quality of life;
- Enhance the Museum’s position as a laboratory for exhibiting and exploring the ever-changing dimensions of human artistry;
- Foster new models of presenting and teaching craft and design; and
- Reinforce Portland’s reputation as a national leader for creative practice, services and design.
Ways to Give
- Make an outright gift of cash
- Make a stock/securities gift
- Make a multi-year pledge (pledges can be fulfilled in one lump sum or installments over a period of years)
- Make a planned or deferred gift leaving the Museum in your estate plans
To inquire about naming opportunities, contact 503.821.8923.
We can also help you customize a gift to meet your philanthropic goals.
Senior Director of Philanthropy
Corporate Partners Circle
Museum of Contemporary Craft offers a wide variety of sponsorship opportunities that may be tailored to meet your businesses philanthropic, marketing and community outreach goals. Partnership with Museum of Contemporary Craft also provides unique opportunities to add to social and family activity offerings for your employees.
Companies contributing an annual gift of $2,500 or more are members of our Corporate Partners Circle. Corporate Partners are a distinguished group of businesses supporting one of Portland’s oldest cultural institutions and one of only two two visual arts presenting organizations in the city. Corporate Partners’ support help maintain our commitment to providing broad accessibility to the visual arts for all.
Corporate Partners have access to our more than 75,000 visitors to the Museum each year and nearly 6,000 unique visitors to our web site each month. Through sponsorship, Corporate Partners help maintain our commitment to providing free admission and broad accessibility for all in our community to experience the visual arts.
Advertising, print, web and digital recognition, Museum space use for your corporate entertaining needs and the chance to meet exhibition artists, guest curators and lecturers are available through corporate sponsorships. Corporate Partners along with a select number of their employees are invited to Museum of Contemporary Craft’s annual summer breakfast networking and recognition event hosted on the Museum’s roof-top deck.
Corporate Partnerships range from $2,500 to $200,000 and include sponsorship of exhibitions, lectures, artist talks, education programs, workshops, classes, pod casts, signature special events and more.
All Corporate Partners Circle Members Receive the Following Benefits
Offered for corporate gifts of $2,500 and above
- Company listing on exhibition materials, print and digital including press releases and advertisements (Museum’s bulletin – 10,000 printed; monthly e-newsletter and e-mail list to 6,500 and member preview invitations distributed to 2,500)
- Recognition as annual Corporate Partners Circle member on Museum’s donor honor roll, wall and Web site
- Select number of invitations to the annual Corporate Partners Circle summer breakfast networking event hosted on Museum’s rooftop deck
- Select number of invitation for the exhibition’s Member Preview Reception and recognition at the event
- Curator-guided tours of exhibition for company employees
- E-mail Museum calendar of events to company employees to attend free artist lectures and Family Discovery Sundays
- Special 10% savings on Museum of Contemporary Craft membership for company employees (good for one year from corporate gift date)
To receive a list of our sponsorship opportunities and benefits or to customize an opportunity to meet your needs while supporting Museum of Contemporary Craft contact:
Deniz Conger, Senior Director of Philanthropy
Corporate Partners Program Sponsorship Levels
For a list of Corporate Partner Program Sponsorship opportunities, please contact Deniz Conger, Senior Director of Philanthropy, 503.821.8923, email@example.com.
Matching Gifts List of Companies in Portland
Many Oregon and Washington companies help support Museum of Contemporary Craft through their Matching Gifts Programs. We are grateful to the employees at those companies who choose Museum of Contemporary Craft as the recipient of their gifts and are grateful to the companies who offer those programs.
Pacific Northwest College of Art and Museum of Contemporary Craft gratefully acknowledge the following corporations and foundations for their support
Ford Institute for Visual Education
Paul G. Allen Family Foundation
The Collins Foundation
The Ford Family Foundation
William G. Gilmore Foundation
HW Irwin and DCH Irwin Foundation
The Jackson Foundation
Leupold & Stevens Foundation
Maybelle Clark Macdonald Fund
McGraw Family Foundation
M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust
National Endowment for the Arts
Oregon Arts Commission
Oregon Community Foundation
Oregon Cultural Trust
Regional Arts & Culture Council
Harold & Arlene Schnitzer CARE Foundation
Mary Hoyt Stevenson Foundation
Herbert A. Templeton Foundation
Rose E. Tucker Charitable Trust
US Bank Foundation
Western States Arts Federation
Corporate Partners Circle
Allied Works Architecture
Bank of America
Czopek & Erdenberger
Gerding Edlen Development Company, LLC
Key Laser Institute
Miller Nash LLP
The Pendleton Home Store
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt
Vibrant Table Catering & Events
Wieden + Kennedy
XPLANE, Dachis Group
ZGF Architects LLP