Museum of Contemporary Craft enlivens and expands the understanding of craft and the museum experience. Our tours provide visitors with a guided exploration of the artwork on view, inspiring conversation and dialogue both within the Museum’s walls and extending out into the community.
Reservations are required and special admission rates apply for guided groups of any size and for self-guided groups of 15 or more persons.
Group Admission Rates
Guided Group Visits (led by a Museum Educator)
Adults and Seniors: $50 for up to 20 attendees, plus $2 for each additional attendee
Students and Non-profit Groups: $2 per attendee
Children under 12: $2 per attendee
Before/After Museum Hours: Additional $35 fee (offered on a case-by-case basis)
Self-guided Group Visits (Groups of 15 or more people)
Adults and Seniors: $2 per attendee
Students and Non-profit Groups: $1 per attendee
Children under 12: Not available. Groups of 15 or more children under 12 must always be guided by a Museum Educator.
PNCA Community: Free
Reservations are required at least 3 weeks in advance for Guided Groups, and 2 weeks in advance for Self-Guided Groups. Please fill out the Book a Group Visit form on this page to submit a request.
Please note: The Museum cannot accommodate Self-Guided Groups of 15 or more persons at one time without advance reservation. This is to ensure that your group has an optimal experience and that your visit does not conflict with other groups, scheduled tours or programs. Self-Guided Groups of 15 or more people that do not reserve their timeslot in advance will be charged the regular admission fees instead of the reduced group rate.
If your scheduled group is larger than 30 people, we ask that you break into several groups and stagger your entrance times. This is to ensure safety of the artwork on view, and to be sure we have staff to check backpacks, bags and coats for your visiting group. The Museum is conveniently located next to several other galleries, Powell’s Bookstore, and a number of places to eat.
Please note that the Museum reserves the right to refuse visits by groups larger than 30 who have not made a reservation. We appreciate your assistance by scheduling group visits in advance.
Available times: Self-Guided Group Visits are available during regular Museum hours. Guided Group Visits can be scheduled from Tuesday to Friday, 11 am–5 pm. These tours can consist of approximately 30–60 minutes in one or more of the current exhibitions, with an optional 15-minute post-tour discussion in The Lab.
Confirmation and Payment: Once your request has been received and your group visit scheduled, you will receive a confirmation sheet and invoice via email. The Museum accepts cash, checks and Visa/MasterCard/American Express. Payment is due on or before the day of your tour. When you arrive, please hand the Front Desk attendant your confirmation and invoice.
Cancellation Policy: If you must cancel or postpone your Guided Group Visit, please contact the Museum at least one week in advance. Guided Group Visit fees cannot be refunded if a tour is canceled within one week of the scheduled date. Once processed, your fees cannot be refunded to cover lower attendance or cancellation. If your tour is canceled due to inclement weather, the Museum will be happy to reschedule at the earliest available date.
All visitors please note:
- Touching harms the art.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the Museum.
- Bags or parcels larger than 11 × 17 inches must be checked at the coat check.
- We ask that mobile phones, cameras and recording devices be turned off and secured before entering the exhibitions.
- For writing while in the exhibitions, pencils must be used.
- The Museum is wheelchair-accessible and has an elevator.
School groups, please note:
- Teachers must be present and manage student behavior, so the educator is freed up to facilitate the tour.
- If your group is larger than 25, please divide your group equally into two or three groups prior to arriving, assigning each member ahead of time for easy division upon entering the Museum. We encourage members of large groups to leave bulky belongings in their vehicles, on the bus, or back in the classroom.
- Teachers are expected to review Museum rules (above) with students prior to visit, plus:
- Remember to move carefully and slowly through the Museum.
- No eating, drinking or gum chewing.
- Photography of artwork is not permitted. However, you may take non-flash photos of students engaging in the exhibition.
- If students are completing a written assignment in the galleries, please use pencil rather than ink pen.
- Please be respectful. If you have something to share, raise your hand. We want everyone to be able to participate and be heard.
- Ask questions!